The TBM tunneling machines regardless of their design are made for maximum productivity, safety and process automation.
To ensure a continuous production process and a high level of safety, TBM tunneling complexes are equipped with a set of Difficult Ground Solutions (DGS) options, which allow driving of inclined shafts and other workings even in difficult geological conditions:
- the presence of a multi-speed drive system for the rock cutting body provides several operating modes: high speed, low torque for hard rocks and low speed, high torque for soft plastic and loose rocks. This feature allows you to select the optimal mode of operation of the rock cutting body, which excludes jamming in the zones of faults and fractured rocks.
- the presence of a stepped screen of the rock-breaking body and the use of bentonite solution during driving allows driving in unstable rocks prone to the development of additional pressure on the shell of the complex.
- the presence of increased traction and thrust jacks provide the possibility of additional acceleration in a short stroke, creating sufficient force to pull out the jammed tunneling complex.
- the presence of special conductor openings in the frontal part of the complex and its shell, as well as manipulators in its inner part with the possibility of installing drilling equipment allows drilling exploration and backfill wells, if necessary.
- the presence of the Water Inrush Control system allows isolating the tunneling complex and ensuring the safety of personnel, as well as protecting the machine from flooding in the event of an emergency breakthrough of water into the bottomhole zone
- the presence of a control system that warns of the development of pressure on the shell of the complex from the host rocks.